In the last decade, China has risen up as one of the most popular markets for sourcing products from. Chinese goods are known all over the world, and now most Amazon, eBay, Shopify, Woocomerce, Magento sellers import products from China and supply and sell them on these platforms, thus earning a good profit. When you think of starting a business by using source product from China it is very important to have a solid chalked out plan to achieve success, else it is pretty hard to establish yourself in this daily growing market.
Selling Chinese goods is not easy. You need to have a certain plan to start your journey, and here are few steps that you must follow to see the face of profit.
Step 1: Researching the Market and find your Niche – The first and foremost thing that one needs to do is, research the market and understand it well. Getting to know the market and what sells is important. Go to any portal like Amazon or eBay and search for the top 1000 products. We all have something in our mind while searching ain’t we? So if your product is not on the 1000 list then for sure it is something that is not going to sell, so better change the product and shift to something that is on the list. Once you have made your mind select some 3-4 items that you want to deal with and start creating marketing ideas. See hot to find the best dropshipping sites here .
Step 2: Finding a Chinese Manufacturer – The best and the surest way is always to travel to China and meet with the manufacturers, but when looked at it practically it is always not possible to do so. So finding and contacting manufacturers online is the best solution. So when you have settled with your items find well established Chinese source agents and contact them.
Step 3: Correct Negotiation – Negotiation plays a great role in making your mark. It is true as well as understandable that no one wants to order products in bulk at the very first trial and just wants to try out the products to test them. Therefore though you are calling for samples, it is always advisable not to mention the word “sample” because it makes the manufacturers lose interest in you. Instead, it is better to call the testing samples as initial orders to check the products.
Step 4: Ordering Samples – Here begins the game of patience. Once you have got the quotes from the manufacturers, choose the company with the most decent price range and send them your initial orders and pay through some trusted source like PayPal or something and then wait for the goods to arrive. Once the goods arrive check at least 10pieces of each product to be assured that the products are not defected and are as you want. You can always talk your problems out with the manufacturers or shift to a different manufacturer altogether.
Step 5: Going Online and list your products – When you have stricken a good deal with the manufacturer and are ready for the business to start, go online, i.e. start posting ads. Upload the details of your product in portals where you want to sell like Amazon, eBay etc. and wait for people to get attracted and buy it.
Step 6: Analyzing the Sales – You do not need to be a business tycoon to understand this sale. Once you have invested and posted about your products just wait and keep a tab on whether it is selling fast, slow or not at all. Just keeping a track of it will help you in gauging whether to continue or not.
Step 7: Reordering or Cancelling – Once you are done with your sales analysis you are ready either to re-order it and get into the business full fledgedly or to pivot it and put a full stop to your products.
Once you know and follow these steps thoroughly you are ready to start your own business. Among the above mention steps, the first three are the most important, and today we would be talking about the second step, i.e. Finding a Chinese Manufacturer, how important it is, how careful you should be, what are the things that one needs to keep in mind, and why should one always opt for Chinese source agents than direct manufacturers.
To begin with when you are thinking of importing products from China, you can get really confused, overwhelmed and at times can even get cheated while purchasing the products, for China is a huge country with so many manufacturers developing the same products at different price range that it can become a really tough job to do all directly and singlehandedly. That is one of the major reasons that entrepreneurs deciding on selling Chinese goods are advised to buy source products from China through Chinese source agents like NicheSources.com etc.
Why use a sourcing agent?
Using a source agent is not only hassle free but at the same time makes your work a lot easier, but then it costs a bit more than what it costs in dealing with the manufacturers directly. But then there is a list of pros and cons of both the ways and after reading them you yourself can decide which way you want to choose
Problems that sellers face while buying products directly from manufacturers ?
Buying products from China might sound easy, but in reality, it is really painful. There are so many factors involved, that you get tired of them and even might feel like giving up. The major pains are the
- Long and delayed delivery process.
- Getting incorrect or defective products.
- Bad shipping which can lead to goods damage.
These are the top 3 problems that a seller has to face when he deals with the manufacturer directly, and these are not the only ones, there are many more such problems that surface between the order being placed and the arrival of the products.
The problems that a seller has to face while directly buying from the markets or manufacturers of China-
- The language barrier is a practical problem. Most of the sellers don’t know Chinese and on the other hand, most of the manufacturers don’t understand or don’t speak fluent English. This increases the chance of mistakes and creates a communication gap between the sellers and the manufacturers.
- As profitable as it may be Chinese goods at the same time can be really cheap, i.e. can be made using really cheap materials. Unless and until the manufacturer is good and trustworthy it is hard to get a quality product from them.
- Another important and existing problem as mentioned above is the long and delayed delivery process. The shipping time taken to import goods from China is really long and it can take at times even months to get your products into your warehouse. There are different ways of shipping, yet it is a really long process while dealing directly without any sources.
- While we are on the topic of delay, let’s not forget the extra costs that are charged while shipping. Customs is one of the major drawbacks of import-export business. If you or the manufacturer do not have any source, contacts or any customs agents, then getting your products out of the customs office is a really tough job. Your products can remain stuck in the customs office for really long which will not only cost you extra money but also time. Besides this, there is also the extra shipping charges that are needed.
- Also if the shipping process of the manufacturer is not good enough, the products can get damaged and you can’t actually do anything about it. Where you will not only lose your money but also your products.
- The previously mentioned communication gap can lead to the incorrect production of products which is another problem that the sellers usually face.
- Lastly, since you, yourself are not visiting China and are dealing with the manufacturers online, it is really hard to find the trustable source and not get scammed. As in China, there are a lot of scammers, who are waiting for a chance to catch you off guard and scam heavy amount from you.
These are all the problems, pains that the small sellers of Amazon, Shopify, eBay, Magento have to face on a daily basis. So what is the solution to these problems? A very easy solution is to partner up with NicheSources.com and become a successful and stressless importer.
Why choose NicheSources as your sourcing agent?
NicheSources.com is one of the leading sourcing agents in China, which helps the small e-commerce brands in buying products from China and in getting them easily delivered to their doorsteps. The main aim of NicheSources.com is to help the small sellers to establish their business in a better way and to make their purchasing and delivering easy. NicheSources.com is known for their sourcing, purchasing, drop shipping ,quality inspection and then without causing any inconvenience to the clients shipping and delivering it to them as quickly as possible.
- The best thing about NicheSources.com is that there is no minimum order quantity and one can order as less as they want and NicheSources.com will do the rest of the jobs.
- Their process is really easy, all you need to do is send an email to info@NicheSources.com or submit your request for quotation for the product you want to buy, and they will assign an assistant to you, within just 48hours you will be expected to receive with the quotations of the mentioned product.
- Placing the order is all you need to do, they will arrange for the production, will deal with the company, will inspect the product, check the quality, negotiate with the suppliers and will also solve any problem regarding the manufactured product.
- Once the product is completely they will ship it to you as per your requirements. Thus you don’t need to worry about anything, any process, just place your order and wait for few days and you will find your quality products in your warehouse in the least possible days.
- Another important feature of NicheSources is that they provide special one step service for Amazon sellers. They allow private labeling, customized packing similar to Amazon and even if needed sends products directly to the customers, thus making it easier for the sellers to deliver the products on time. This surely makes NicheSources a unique agent.
What makes NicheSources better than Alibaba?
Alibaba is one of the most renowned sourcing agents, but when it comes to China, it is not so trustworthy. There are several reports of fraud and fake transactions related to Alibaba and source products from China. It is strictly a No to order something from a normal seller in Alibaba as the chances of being the seller fake is a lot more than the seller is genuine. Even there are reports of “gold suppliers” being fraud when Chinese market is considered. But in case of NicheSources, you do not need to worry about such problems, as the NicheSources team checks the authenticity and inspects the suppliers properly, as their main aim is to make the clients happy and satisfy with the products they are buying.
Also, surfing through Alibaba for finding the right manufacturer consumes a lot of your time and energy, which should be saved and utilized in marketing, because it is the most important job of the seller to keep a tab on the market and know what’s trending and what is going to sell. The NicheSources team through their excellent processing will save your time and would themselves inspect and check the products before shipping them. Only when the products match the client’s criteria and are perfect, then only they will be shipped to the clients. Also, the NicheSources team will take care of the timely delivery. There won’t be any delays, thus saving you from the headache of going out of stock. The products will be delivered bang on time and based on the time you have till the delivery, the products will be shipped from China through the regular post, the courier, the air freight or the sea freight.
In short, since NicheSources is a local team, they understand both the customer and the manufacturer. They can differentiate between the real and fake and provide you with the best products. Not only that they also have no extra or hidden charges, they simply put forward the supplier’s pricing and allows the client to decide whether to take the deal or not. When it comes to NicheSources.com, everything is transparent, what you see is what you get.